endless list of animated characters: 2/∞
Chel - “Think you’re the only ones who dream of better things? Of adventure? You’ve got your reasons and I’ve got mine.”
I can’t wait to see what they do with pets. How they effect the moods and if they have moods themselves.
Vox has a depressing list outlining the reality of violence that women face in the United States every day:
1. Most women experience physical abuse in their lifetime
2. Nearly one-quarter of women experience a physical or sexual assault by an intimate partner
3. Seven in ten assaults against women are perpetrated by an intimate partner
4. One in five women are raped in their lifetime
5. One in thirteen murder victims are killed by their husband or boyfriend
6. One in ten women has a head or spinal cord injury as a result of physical assault
7. But most assault victims don’t receive medical care
8. Eighteen percent of mass shooters have a domestic violence charge
9. Rates of sexual assault are declining
Why are straight white men’s rights activists are so insistent that women don’t need feminism? Why are online reactionaries so upset with “social justice warriors” for pointing these issues out?
Is the above reality the one they expect women to be satisfied with?
I suppose that’s why “the abuser’s lobby” is such an apt name for the men’s rights movement.
One in five though
If whats happening in Ferguson was happening to an all white community, it would be called a dystopian novel
#and all actions against the police would be heroic and daring#and the plucky white protags would be encouraged to use violence to stop the injustice
The fact that Beyonce photo shops her Instagram pics to make her self thinner but she’s a positive roll model for young women